Sunday, December 8, 2013

Research is done.

Hey Everyone,

As you know, I've been working on a research project. Now it's done. I conducted 9 official interviews, distributed and analyzed 175 surveys (in two languages) to students at the University of Jordan, and synthesized that information international law, prior academic research, and public opinion polls. I'm a 21 year old undergrad student, and I just whipped out a 41 page research paper in 3.5 weeks. And my advisor thinks I may be able to get it published in an academic journal...which is kind of cool (inshallah is the only word that fits here). The research is called Jordanians of Palestinian Descent and the Right of Return: Legal, Ideological, and Practical Perspectives, and if you want to read/skim it, let me know and I'll send you a copy. If you're at all interested in Israel/Palestine issues, I suggest you do.

For the first time in a month, I have a free afternoon/evening without having to worry at all about ISP related things. I have time to hang out with my host family again (I basically haven't seen them in a week), talk to people besides the waiters at my shabab spot, and maybe even take a nap.

Looking at the calendar though, I realize that I only have a week left in Jordan before I go to Turkey for a week and then home (my life sucks, I know). Other than hearing about what my fellow SITers did for their ISPs and presenting my own, there aren't many plans. It's going to be a crazy good week, I'm sure, but for now, it's definitely nap time.

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment