Monday, October 28, 2013

Yalla Ya Morocco

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from a weeklong trip in Morocco. Unlike the Badia, I'm not going to give you a play by play analysis of the trip. Instead, I'm just going to post a bunch of the pictures and ramble a bit about some of them. It is not going to be my best post by any means, but the pictures are pretty.

Sorry, but theres a lot of other stuff going on right now. This post will not be coherent.

In this trip, I learned about how much I hate being a tourist. Instead of being a visitor that could learn about the culture by immersing myself in it, I was a tourist that got to see sights, take pictures, and be a total outsider. We were treated like we didn't know anything about the Arab world, which was frustrating. Having said that, Morocco was pretty.

There were a lot of colors everywhere, there was ocean, there was french influence in everything (which was really confusing). People would speak to me in French and get really confused when I responded to them in Arabic.

I may add to this post later, but for now, I am writing a research proposal and can't get myself to do it. Sorry. Seriously, I'm sorry!

My itenerary










It's not really acceptable for men and women to be dating publicly, but on the beach, it was couples city. These guys were hidden under some rocks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment